As we approach the new year we also begin to have new trends and our style might begin evolving as well. To avoid damaging your wallet and the planet by buying a whole new wardrobe, here are ways you can use your older pieces to continue creating elevated outfits in 2024.
1. Mix and Match: One way to give your old clothes a fresh look is by mixing and matching pieces of different vibes and formalness. While it may not be everyone's cup of tea, dresses over pants are totally back but if that's not your vibe maybe try wearing a hoodie with dress pants. Get creative and experiment with different combinations to create unique outfits. The more unexpected, the better!
2. Accessorize: Accessories can instantly transform any outfit. While low-waisted loose belts of 2023 are still hanging around we are now seeing belts sitting more above the hips. We're also seeing the rise of bows taking over as a major component of 2024. This easy-to-add accessory can be incorporated into nearly any outfit to sinch your loose jeans or elevate a button-up. And of course, don't forget about jewelry! Layering necklaces, stacking bracelets, stocking up on rings, or adding statement glasses can add a touch of glamour to any ensemble.
3. Upcycle and DIY: Grab an old piece (or two) you haven't known what to do with and add some unique cuts or stitch together pieces of different textures. Try adding some lace to silk, or crochet with denim. Embroidery is also a fun and cool way to add dimension to a plain piece. The possibilities with upcycling are endless, and you'll have a one-of-a-kind piece to show off.
4. Play with Colors: Don't be afraid to experiment with bold and vibrant colors. In 2024 we're going to be seeing more unique bright color combinations as well as chic monochromatic fits. Mixing different shades is a great way to create interest in an outfit made up of more simple pieces. Color-blocking is also a popular trend that can instantly make your outfit stand out.
5. Layering: A big trend for 2024 we're going to see is layering different length coats. This is not only practical for colder weather, but it also adds depth and dimension to your outfit. We're also seeing button-ups and peek-a-boo t-shirts under everything! This technique can give basics a whole new look.
Remember, fashion is all about expressing yourself and having fun. So don't be afraid to try new things and embrace your personal style. We hope these tips help you elevate your old clothes in 2024! For more fashion tips check out our other blogs and socials @therynapp! 🌟