Happy New Year! In 2024 we are focusing on our personal style and decluttering those clothes that we never wear. At RYN, we are all about trying to find creative ways to make pieces work for you and your evolving style, but let's face it, sometimes you just need to get rid of certain clothes. In last week's blog we touched on how to make your 2023 pieces work for 2024, and this week we are going to help you decide what items you may need to get rid of. Check out the tips below.
1. Haven't worn it in a year? Let it go! If you haven't worn a particular item in the past year, chances are you won't wear it again. Time to free up some closet space!
2. Does it still fit and flatter? If a piece of clothing no longer fits you properly or doesn't make you feel great when you wear it, it might be time to say goodbye. You deserve to feel confident in everything you wear!
3. Is it damaged beyond repair? If a garment is beyond repair or has significant wear and tear, it's probably best to part ways. Holding onto damaged items will only clutter your wardrobe.
4. Does it match your current style? Our fashion tastes evolve over time. If a piece no longer matches your current style or the image you want to project, it might be time to pass it on to someone who will appreciate it more.
5. Are you emotionally attached? Sometimes we hold onto clothes for sentimental reasons. While it's okay to keep a few sentimental pieces, try not to let emotional attachment clutter your closet. If you are determined to keep it but never wear it try thinking of different ways you can repurpose it!
Remember, getting rid of clothes can be liberating and allows you to make space for new pieces that truly reflect your style and make you feel amazing. Happy decluttering!